Mind Over Scale




Weight loss for everyone is different and can be a difficult process. A lot of times we let the number on the scale define if we are losing weight or not. But that might not be the best way to determine if you are or not. 

Keeping an idea of where your weight is at, as a whole, is a good idea. Knowing there are other factors can help you tremendously. Tracking your BMI, and your overall measurements are also factors you need to keep. There are scales out there that track BMI, water weight percentage and bone density that can help you with this, although it isn’t exact it’ll help you get an idea or help you track it using the same scale.

Vanity Planet Scale

The scale I use is this one from vanity planet, it's not a must but its definitely one of the best scales I've owned. There's usually a bunch of different discount codes if you look for them.
Something the scale can’t tell you is how many inches you’ve lost, before you start, measure everything and halfway through your process do it again. If you’re having a hard day and need motivation check your measurements. Those numbers will push you, as your body loses fat and gains muscle you’ll see the difference quicker than your scale will.
The type of training you’re doing will also determine the way your body loses the weight. If you’re planning on doing a ton of cardio you’re going to drop weight quickly, but it’s not a stainable way to keep weight off. You’ll hit more plateaus because your body will get used to the amount of cardio you’re doing, so in order to get out of that plateau, you have to continuously add to how much you’re doing.
If you mix cardio and weight training you’ll find that you’ll lose the weight, but also gain muscle so seeing the scale move but it won’t happen as quickly because you are replacing fat with muscle which is denser.
Cardio isn’t just running, there are tons of ways to get “cardio” in. HIIT, high-intensity interval training is also a really good way to raise your heart rate and get a quick workout in without “running”
I find that my body works more efficiently when I mix both cardio and weight training. Weight training has helped me see definition in muscles, build my strength, and has helped me work on some of my “problem” spots. Cardio training is something I have grown to enjoy, I tend to do it as a warm-up just to get in the right mindset and get my muscles ready to be worked. While I do some sort of cardio every workout I will usually find one day to narrow in on cardio. I feel like I’ve accomplished something more when I get a good cardio sweat going before I hit weights.
The main thing you need to know is that you are much stronger than the number on the scale. If you are having a hard time seeing the scale move the direction you want, reevaluate the workouts you’re doing and what you’re eating. A good rule of thumb is its 90% kitchen 10% gym. What you’re eating directly effects how much weight you’ll lose.

Comments

Popular Posts