IIFYM - If It Fits Your Macros





Weight loss for some people is harder compared to others. Having all the knowledge before starting on your journey is key, most of the time starting a diet on a whim will only get your so far then you give up, all of us have been there. I've learned that the best thing to do is prepare yourself. Know everything before you start and get a good game plan. Line up goals you want to hit and if you need to have incentives. 


For me, I can work out as much as I want, while I'll see some results, I won't see all the results I want as quick as I want. I have learned that my body shows more results when I track what I'm eating instead of just intuitively eating. What I've found that has worked for me for years is IIFYM, If It Fits Your Macros. I’ve learned so much about myself using the IIFYM method in the last 2.5 years.
  1. I’m stronger then I believe I am.
  2. Habits are a good thing
  3. Tracking food makes over eating easier NOT to do.
  4. Eating the right stuff will fill you up, plus help you lose weight.
  5. Tracking holds you accountable
  6. TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES!!! They’re the push you need when you’re not feeling it.
  7. I can still eat sweets, donuts, cookies (in moderation)
The first thing you need to do is find your numbers, it shouldn't be a daunting task, yes, it's math, and yes while that sucks actually having it on paper is helpful and you're able to track your progress better.

What are Macros

Macros or macro-nutrients are the grams of Carbohydrates, Proteins, and Fat you consume. Your body needs a certain amount of each to do what your end goal is. Finding the numbers specifically for you will help you tremendously. While there are tons of calculators online I find it better to actually do the math yourself. 
 




































To help you better understand your numbers you can download my print out that will walk to step by step through the process of finding your needed calorie intake, and if you want to keep going it'll walk you through finding what your Macro split will be. If you run into any problems are don't know if you're doing it right, comment below and I will get in touch with you to make sure we get your numbers correct.

Tracking done easy

Tracking when you’re not at home could be difficult, but there’s an app that makes it a piece of cake. MyFitnessPal, is my favorite one to use. It takes the guess work out of what you’re eating. It’s easy to use and as long as you aren’t fudging your intake you’ll see the results.
Getting a food scale, this is a must when you’re tracking. It takes the guess work out of tracking and makes you well aware of portion sizes. 

There’s a bunch of different "diets" out there. The key is to find one that fits you and your lifestyle.

If you have difficulty with either setting up MyFitnessPal, or finding your numbers, please comment below and I will help you.

Comments

Popular Posts